December 15, 2017
How to Love Everything You Wear and Wear Everything You Love
Can you imagine having a wardrobe of pieces you love and wearing them on a regular basis? You can! Even if today you don’t spot a lot of love when you look into your closet, there are simple steps you could take to turn that around.
Here’s a heads up: You may need to develop some new habits, make a few edits, or add a few pieces to your wardrobe, but I know you’re up to it!
Here’s a list of steps that will move you ever closer to having a fully functioning wardrobe that you love and that loves you back.
- Pull out some pieces you’re fond of but haven’t been wearing. Put them in the front of your closet so they’re in full view every time you open your closet door. Choose one of those items each day and wear them in outfits this week.
- Edit out the items you love but that don’t work anymore, such as a blouse that no longer fits.
- Wear the family treasures handed down to you by loved ones. You don’t have to wait for special occasions.
- Put shoe trees inside your favorite shoes as soon as you take them off at the end of the day. Shoe trees will preserve the shape of your shoes and extend the life of them.
- If something looks yellowed or dingy, remove it from your closet so your favorite pieces come into focus.
- Hang up your clothes at the end of the day instead of leaving them in a heap. People all too often send clothes to the cleaners or wash and dry them when all they really need is to be hung up and aired out.
- Use a full-length mirror as a tool to aid you in building outfits from items you love and to fully appreciate how great you look.
- It’s easy to love a garment that feels good. It may be time to edit any items in your closet that are scratchy or uncomfortable.
- If you’re not wearing a favorite necklace because you need a certain earring style to go with it, go shopping. The sooner you have that earring, the sooner you’ll love wearing that necklace.
- If you have a favorite shoe or handbag that’s showing wear, take it to a professional who will bring it back to life.
- Use Pinterest or Instagram images to inspire new ways to wear jeans, pants, skirts, or dresses.
- Remove the plastic from your dry cleaned items as soon as you get them home. Your clothes will last longer if you do!
- If you have tarnished silver accessories that you aren’t using, polish them up so you reach for them more often.
- Attend in-store fashion shows to learn new styling tips to try at home.
If you look in your closet and see items that aren’t uplifting, nor inspiring, let’s talk. I can help you create a wardrobe that fits your needs so you’ll be loving everything you wear!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.