Falling for fall
What a lovely change of weather we are having! The cold front we had yesterday is quite invigorating. All of the sudden I felt like putting away my sundresses and slipping into comfy boots and sweaters. Last night I organized and reinvented my closet! As I was working I thought of a few tips to pass on to you.
1. Take everything out of your closet. I have found it is easier to “purge” your closest when everything is out.
2. Start by getting rid of any clothes that are worn out or dated.
3. Next, put clothes back in the closet starting with the ones you love and wear often. As you look at each piece be sure it is something you will wear. By starting with your favorites first it’s easier to really see what you like and get rid of the things that you don’t.
4. Make three piles. One should have items to throw away. The second should have items to donate. The third should be items that need repair or alteration.
5. Purchase some of the slim line hangers. This is a simple fix that helps keep your clothes in good shape, keeps them from stretching and their space saving design allows you to fit more clothes in a smaller space.
6. Arrange clothes by color. This helps save you time in the morning! Wouldn’t we all love a few extra minutes of sleep??
7. Put away out of season shoes. I like to pick up clear shoe boxes from Target or the dollar store and add some cute labels. Try these Martha Stewart labels from Staples. Organize, Organize, Organize!!
8. Now that your closet is organized and ready for fall pick up the phone and give us a call! We would love to help you put together outfits that make you smile, using clothing you already have! Or, if you don’t have time to organize your closet we can do that as well. When your closet is “happy” your morning routine will be so much easier.
So, turn on your ipod, listen to a few tunes and start organizing! I always recommend enjoying a delicious beverage while you work. Enjoy!
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.