Clean Your Closet Space!
If you made a New Year’s resolution to get organized you will love our closet cleanout tips!
Clean Your Closet Space!
- Not many cleaning ladies open and clean your closet unless you specifically request a closet cleaning. Make sure to request a through dusting. It is amazing how dusty closets can get. Take the time to sweep or vacuum the floor, dust the baseboards, dust the shelves, and wipe the rods and hangers with a damp cloth. I suggest a thorough cleaning at least twice a year.
- Change the light bulb to at least a 100 watt if not brighter. Consider installing fluorescent fixtures. Your closet should be the brightest room in your house.
- Dust can linger on the tops of jackets and rarely worn clothing so it is a wise idea to invest in dust covers.
- Take out all your shoes and vacuum the floor or dust the shelves. Dust each shoe. While your shoes are out of the closet, take a minute to evaluate the condition of your shoes. Now is a good time to repair loose heels, polish out scuff marks and toss the ones you have worn out. Make sure your shoes are current, comfortable and on-trend.
- Discard plastic bags from cleaners, unused hangers, and tissue paper.
- This is an excellent time to change out wire hangers to the new slim huggable velvet hangers that are at Costco or online.
- Tackle the jewelry drawer next. Buy trays to fill the drawer space or lay a towel in drawer. Lay out necklaces, bracelets, pins, and earrings so they are immediately visible when you open the drawer. Store all of the jewelry boxes and bags elsewhere. Jewelry that is out of sight, is also out of mind.
- Hang on hooks all of your on- trend long scarves and belts. Retire or store out of sight old accessories that are not current.
- Place all items in the closet by category. All your blouses should be together, all pants together, etc. If you feel ambitious, organize each category by color. This only takes a few minutes but it makes a big difference when you are selecting an outfit to wear in the morning. Think category, color and style.
- Now you are organized and ready to go! Your image consultant will be so happy when they come and help you create outfits. Give us a call today and we will take the guess work out of looking fabulous every single day!
“Creating Outfits” for clients is one of our most popular services and it is easy to see why. We come for 2-3 hours and shop in your closet to create outfits and give you a shopping list to complete your wardrobe. After we create outfits we take photos of each outfit, complete with shoes and accessories such as jewelry and a purse. In addition we make a photo album for you with a photo of each outfit. With your new photo book dressing in the morning is a breeze. You will spend less time getting ready and more time feeling beautiful! You will be stylish and effortlessly fabulous!