March 1, 2010
Do This, Not That: Choosing Your Best Seasonal Trends
Spring 2010 is a clothing season like no other. Packed with everything from military inspiration to feminine flair, tomboys and girly-girls alike are sure to find plenty to satisfy their fashion fixations.
Before you invade the department stores, take a moment to review our trend list (left) and identify which trends are a “do” for you this season, and which ones are a “don’t.” Remember, no one looks their best in every trend, but there is a trend for everyone. Use my body shape diagram below to identify your chic shapes and your fashion pitfalls.
- Hourglass: Do show off your waistline with belts, shirt dresses & patterned tops paired with shorts. Oversized shift dresses & calf-length skirts are a don’t.
- Contoured Rectangle: Do enjoy semi-fitted sheath dresses, denim jackets & colorful handbags. Avoid tops with large patterns.
- Rectangle: Do keep it streamlined with relaxed pants, semi-fitted jackets & accessories that highlight your face. Don’t fall victim to shapeless dresses or belts.
- Oval: Oversized shift dresses & tunics, show stopping accessories & skinny pants are a do. Belts, shoulder bags & snug jackets are a don’t.
- Triangle: Do draw attention to your top half with jackets, epaulets, ruffles, fabric details & patterns. Avoid shoulder bags, patterned skirts & white pants that will expand your hipline.
- Inverted Triangle: Printed skirts, white pants & chic shoes are a definite. Pass on double-breasted trench coats, high necklines & lots of volume on your top half.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.