A New Resolution: Take Care of Your Skin
These days, we’re doing everything we can to keep ourselves looking young and fresh. Along with keeping makeup current, another way to do so is to take care of our skin! Keeping your skin healthy makes a huge difference when it comes to aging. What some of you may not know is that it’s the little, routine steps that really keep you looking youthful.
It’s so easy to just go to bed without thinking twice of what the difference taking your eye makeup off might make. Or what about putting on night cream? And eye cream? Too many times these things go undone as if they are of no importance to our physical and emotional well-being. This needs to stop! When are skin is glowing, we are glowing!
That said, let’s make 2010 about keeping our skin healthy and looking fresh. How do you do that? Easy!
- Wash your face with a cleanser that suits your skin type morning and night. For some this can be done with just water, but most of us need to use a cleanser. (Ask about our fabulous chamois cloth to use while washing!) Be sure to remove all eye makeup. Some may need a makeup remover, but others can do just as well with their cleanser. Leaving eye makeup on at night can actually lead to losing eyelashes and eye infections.
- Use a toner to remove all of the excess dirt, oil, and makeup from your skin. This step does not necessarily have to be done morning and night, especially if you have dry skin, but it is absolutely okay if you’d like to do it both times of the day.
- Always, always, ALWAYS use a moisturizer! In the morning, you definitely need to be using a moisturizer that has an SPF, but at night you need to apply a night cream without an SPF. Nighttime is breathing and healing time for our skin; we don’t want any added chemicals.
- EYE CREAM!!!!!!!! This is something that I have heard so many clients say they don’t use. My response: bad, bad, bad! You need to use an eye cream morning and night, every single day. The skin around our eyes is the most delicate skin on our bodies and it needs to be treated with mucho kindness. When we don’t, we droop and we bag: two things that are never good when dealing with eyes.
- Lip moisturizer is something that many people forget is even a part of the skincare regimen. The fact is, our lips are extremely delicate, and, much like our eyes, if we don’t keep them healthy, they’ll start to crack. Permanently! Not. Good. This needs to be an essential step that is never forgotten.
- (A tip for the body.) Keep your entire body moisturized. Apply a lotion after every bath or shower, and be sure that when your skin is noticeably dry you’re using a heavier lotion or cream.
- Be good to your hands and feet. Keep them clean and moisturized. Apply a heavy cream on your hands and feet every night before bed. Wearing socks and gloves along with this helps too! Wash your hands throughout the day and apply lotion to them after every wash when possible. Also, pamper your cuticles. Every night before bed, apply cuticle cream or oil to them. This makes such a difference!
So, now that I’ve given you the run-down of steps for maintaining healthy skin, it’s time for you to make that promise. Make it your New Years resolution to glow. And ladies, this isn’t a bad idea for the men in your lives either. Need a good gift idea? Start your men on their very own skincare regimen. You’ll be glad you did, especially when it comes to their hands. I’ll tell you this: no girl likes ugly man-hands, that’s for sure.